Saturday, September 19, 2009

Saturday Night - Friend or Foe?

My goal for tonight is to complete the reading for my lit class Tuesday. It looks like it is going to be tough going. I started reading the first chapter, and I can see why my professor suggested writing a list of all the characters and the things they carried - it is incredibly complex. As well, as it is a war book, there are pages of weapons listings and poundages etc. which is completely above my head. I do not know one type of gun from another, so it seems like extra details to skim over. Wish me luck.

I watched a few episodes of Family X (also known as The X Family) and I got to a part where I thought I could stop for the night. It is a good show - it has 50-something episodes, though - but it is amusing and dramatic and most of all, Taiwanese. :]

My roommates are currently MIA. They were here for a few hours, just hanging out and playing around on the computer. Then all of S.'s friends came flooding in the room wanting to steal her away for birthday cake for her friend. D. decided to go with and they invited me, but I do not feel comfortable with all her friends. They are loud and obnoxious, crude and in your face, and very perverted. I just cannot hang around people like that anymore. I declined, needless to say. Then S. and D. came back and I thought they would resume their tenure in the room, only to find that one of the guys had come back with them and then they magically disappeared again, saying nothing to me. I feel a bit abandoned and quite a bit lost. D. seems to get along so well with them, as does S. I just, am not loud enough, quick-thinking enough, or brash enough to fit in. I feel so lonely!! :(

To be honest with you, I am so scared of all that I have to do. Leading a bible study - I can't do that! I don't even know enough to ask the right questions. I try to be like a child and be inquisitive in my questions, but I feel like I got ripped away from the only place I can find the answers I so desperately need. D. and S. get along so well, that alot of the times I get ignored and sometimes forgotten about until minutes and sometimes an hour later. It is alright, I suppose. They are going to be here next year and I am not, but I still feel sometimes like they think I am too annoying.

The only thing to do is pray - and become stronger. I went to Walgreens today and got my superdrug. My sinus infection seems to have cleared up, only S. gave me her cold. It is not even winter yet, and I have a cold. Other than that, everything is fine, health-wise. I am praying that I will meet someone new, someone who will shake me out of this funk I am in.

Please pray for me.

Goodnight and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment