Today is the day!
Today was the first day of classes. Normally on the first day of classes, I get overwhelmed with information and requirements for each class and end up with a splitting headache in the middle of the day. Today was surprisingly relaxing and I ended up with a minor headache which is now all gone. :) My first class of the day was Introduction to Physical Anthropology which is promising to be a spectacular class. Study and memory intensive, but spectacular. My second class was Introduction to Environmental Studies which I KNOW my mother is going to be jealous of. You know how I know this? I have an entire book dedicated to watersheds! This is the part of the day where things got interesting. I slid into my chair a few minutes before the class started and looked up to a surprised, "Hey! How are you?!" My former roommate Dorothy was sitting right next to me. We chatted for a bit and then class begun. The first words my professor said were, "Take off your right shoe and toss it into the middle of the classroom." (We were sitting in a U-shape created by the desks facing the professor standing in the middle.) We did so and then he said, "Now, go find different shoe and put it on. Once you have it on, go find the person who is wearing the same shoe on their left foot as is on your right. Your objective is to create a large circle in one try." Well, after about 3 minutes we completed the circle. He looked at us and told us he had never had a class complete the circle in once try before. We then played a resource game. He divided us into two teams on opposite sides of the room. He gave each team 5 small planks of wood and then said, "The objective of the game is to get to the other side. You," he pointed to one team, "you everything and everyone on the other side of the room and you," he pointed to the other, "eat everything and everyone on the other side of the room. You need to get everyone on your team there. You can only go across the center of the room on these pieces of wood, and you cannot use them as skis. The only rule is that you have to be touching the wood at all times. If you fall off the wood or stop touching it for any reason, you need to go back to the original side and start all over." It was definately more difficult than it sounds. We had lots of tall people in that class - everyone thought I was going to fall more than once. Haha.
After this class came American Lit, which was not too bad. Although, I somehow ended up without a seat for the last half of the class. ^.^ Even though the subject really is not that interesting to me (American Dream and Immigration, anyone?) I think that the people in there are going to be pretty easy to get along with. Although, I might have already alienated someone because I accidentally heard "Pat" instead of "Adam". And when he said his last name, I kept thinking he was saying, "Branson" instead of "Gromson". -sigh- Oh well! It was definately an interesting and amusing day!
I also picked up a lifeguard application at the Rec Center today. I have to perform in a skills test on Thursday, so please pray for that to go well! I should probably be working on writing on when to do my homework for each class....
Goodnight and God bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment