"I think only my mom reads my blog." This is a quote from Julie&Julia and sadly, I think it is true. Not that I do not like my mom reading my blog, I just wish I was not writing to a silent audience. ;)
They say that laughter is the best medicine, and I suppose "they" (whoever this mysterious 'they' is) are correct in a way. I woke up this morning with the beginnings of a migraine - i.e. my head hurt whenever I moved my eyes. I pushed through my anthropology lecture and I was exhausted. I went to the Involvement Fest, though, trying to keep it together. D. and I went to eat lunch and I knew that I could not get through 3 more hours of class. I e-mailed my professors and went to the clinic. I saw a doctor I visited last time I had a sinus infection (she is actually a migraine specialist). She was not quite sure I had a sinus infection, but she gave me some antibiotics and told me that if I did not feel better in a few days to come back to see her. She also gave me another prescription for the "superdrug"! I now have two prescriptions for it - one for an immediate free sample and the other is for the actual prescription - but she gave me a coupon to get $20 off of the copay. So, seeing as the drug itself is roughly $35-40, I am excited! I started the antiobiotics today, so hopefully within this week everything will clear up.
After I left the clinic, I took a nap. I am not real clear on how long I slept, but it was a good couple of hours. When I woke up, the headache was less. Not gone, but less painful. I then started on my homework. D. interrupted about an hour later and wanted to go to the Ice Cream Sundae Hunt. (The RA's of the hall have different ingredients in their rooms and you go around the hall finding all the toppings and meeting the different RA's.) A few of the RA's remembered me, only one of them remembered my name. Hehe. We went to the basement to say hello to our RA (she had cherries - ick) and ended up playing pool with two Asians from China. :) It was pretty awkward because one of them did not speak much English and the other one seemed slightly shy. But it was still cool and they acted Asian, too, giving us thumb-ups and clapping and cheering whenever we got a ball in a pocket. (They especially did this for me, as they could see how embarassed I was at how badly I played. It was really cute!) Anyway, that was my picker-uper for the day and made me feel better. I also got an e-mail back from my environment prof. basically saying, "Don't worry about missing class. Just feel better and I hope to see you on Thursday!" So that also made me feel better. :)
I have my homework done, so now it is time for a shower, I think. *sniff sniff* Yes, it is definately time for a shower!
Goodnight and God bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment