Sunday, September 13, 2009

Japanese Humor Makes Me Laugh

As I begin writing this, D. is currently doing shots - of water. *rolls eyes* Around this time of night, D. and S. both get pretty loopy. I had forgotten this fact until, well, right now, actually. I was forewarned last year when we had a sleepover in my room, and I am not quite sure how I managed to forget this vital fact. They really do not bother me too much, though, as this is the time I start wrapping up operations and get ready for bed. So far, they are great roommates! I have a feeling that next year when I am gone, they are going to room together. Either in the dorms or in an apartment (which is more likely). I am happy I was able to introduce the two of them - lasting friendships and all that jazz. ;)

As I finished all my homework on Friday evening, today was mostly a day for lazing about. I woke up at 9, took a quick shower (only lost a few streaks of pink!), dressed, and ran outside to walk over to A.'s dorm. I suppose my brain was still in "sleep" mode as I walked all the way over to the tech building before I realized I did not remember where I was going. I called A. and got directions and finally met her outside her dorm. We drove downtown and picked up A.'s friend and then headed off to church! I was so very excited, you have no notion. Twenty minutes later we arrived at the church, and a few minutes later service began. I am not going to go into detail on the service, although I will say this: they were teaching on a subject supporting it with scripture rather than reading from scripture and teaching what it says. I suppose it still works, but it was quite a change for me.

After church, I hung out with D. and S. and played online for the rest of the day. It was so nice to be able to spend some time answering e-mails and facebook messages! Normally, I have half an hour to do everything right before I go to bed, so I luxuriated in not being rushed to complete everything.

I have now reverted back to listening to Taiwanese, Chinese, and Japanese singers/bands/songs. I forgot how much I love listening to the language! (Japanese, I just like some of the songs.) I also have been reliving some of my favorite moments in the Japanese comedies I have watched. I love Asian humor! It is one of the only senses of humor that can really tickle my funny bone and make me crack up. Of course, K. can do that do, but she is not 100% Asian...

We are now down to one loaf of chocolate chip banana bread in the room... I talked to K. for roughly 2 hours tonight. It was so nice! Skype was not working (it kept dropping our calls), so we called each other on the phone and chatted. I told her about the banana bread, and right then Mom2 walked in and told K. that she was making banana bread. Irony!

Goodnight and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment