Wednesday, September 9, 2009

How I Do This is SO Embarassing!

"Oh what a day is today."

How incredibly true statement is! This morning began slowly with me pulling myself out of my warm cocoon of a bed to do bible study. I woke up a bit and got ready for the day, enjoying the fact that my new haircut allows me to skip the step of teasing my hair. I wake up, put on a headband, and *poof* I have 80's style hair. =)

My first class today was Racial and Ethnic Minorities (which is a sociology class). The professor seems to be nice enough...he has a monotone voice, however, so I am going to have a slightly difficult time listening to lectures. Luckily, we will mostly be having discussions and panels discussions, so there will not be too much lecture to survive through. Sadly, though, he requires a certain number of times of participation per semester. Each time you participate (by asking a question, bringing up an opposing viewpoint, etc.) you receive 4 points.

My second (and final) class for the day was World Cultural Regions (which is a geography class, a fact I was quite unaware of up until a few days ago). The professor, "Just call me Jeff, unless you want me to call you Mr./Ms. So-and-so", is very laid back. I will definately not have a problem paying attention to him. I will however have a problem with how many jokes and insinuation he makes regarding drugs and drinking and other miscellaneous activities.

Right after Soc let out (45 minutes early as "Jeff" ran out of things to talk about), I booked it over to the Crossroads Campus Ministry building to join in on the tail end of the fellowship meal festivies. I got there as the devotional was wrapping up - it was covering the 15 qualities of divine love from 1 Corinthians 13. I met a girl named Sonya who, it turns out, is not only in my Anthropology lecture, but also my lab. Yay for a Christian lab buddy! After everyone had left and we were finishing clean-up, I sat down and talked to Mel (the reverend). I was talking to him about the idea of getting together a serious bible study on a certain night of the week, where everyone comes solely for the bible study. He thought it was a great idea and said that we would bring it up in next week's planning meeting. He then asked the vital question, "Who is going to lead it?" As he is currently working 3 part-time jobs, I did not want to push all the responsibility onto him. I told him that if someone else could lead every other study, I could lead 2 a month. *gasp* Just how do I get myself into these things? If this can get the Crossroads group into a more biblically-based direction, I will feel satisfied with my entire year here in Wisconsin.

I received a call from a worker at the Rec Center today, reminding me that I have a skills test tomorrow at the pool from 8-10pm. I asked her if she knew what would be on the test as I was pretty nervous performing skills I had not brushed up on in a year and a half, and she assured me that the instructor would give us refreshers before the actual tests. Please pray for all the craziness I have gotten myself into! Prayer for the skills test (which is for the lifeguarding job, by the way) and for the weekly bible study would be most appreciated.

Goodnight and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment