Wednesday, September 16, 2009

New Things!

After much nagging by Mama, I have finally started taking pictures! My lovely roommates, however, do not like pictures, so I have been left finding inanimate objects that I like to take pictures of. I have a few for you here.

The first is a picture of my new aloe plant!! Crossroads gave out free plants at the Involvement Fest (I think I mentioned this in my last post). :]
The second is a picture of my new cactus, also from Crossroads. They had a bunch left over, so they keep giving them away whenever people come over. Luckily, my plants will be fairly easy to keep alive. Or so I am told.

The third is a picture of our (D. and S. and my) pepper plant that we got yesterday at the Involvement Fest. Oh how I love free things!! I cannot wait for Christmas so I can post my Christmas list! ;) Most of you will find it to be full of strange things such as AAA batteries or headphones or devotional books, etc. Oh how the life of a college students works!

I found out yesterday that the girl who ran the bible study in my dorm last year is living in my hall this year. I ran into her today and she informed me that she is holding another bible study this year, right outside of my hall. That is where I am off to as soon as I finish this post! I figured that after the study I would probably be wiped, so I wanted to publish this before I am toast!

Cinema Bizarre came out with a new CD last month, which I want! There songs on this album are definately more...hmm. They suggest alot of things, I guess is a good way to put it. Although, they definately have some good songs too. Also, Tokio Hotel is coming out with a new CD in the US called, "BANG!" which I kind of want. (Although, I have heard that it is a mix CD of their previous releases. Is this true?) Either way, I definately want the new CD from TH and CB when they come out. (The TH one I would prefer to have new songs.)
I just talked to my sister Tia-chan on Facebook. She is getting frustrated with the family again. She says that she feels blamed for all of the things going on with my mom and dad and sister Ta-chan. I remember that feeling, although I did not feel like I was blamed for everything, just most things. I also remember feeling like I wasn't good enough, or worth anything, or important because everything was about Ta-chan. Hmm. I feel badly for her - she is loosing her faith and having to go through all of the same drama. I really wish she would talk to me, so that maybe I could help somehow. I pray everyday that she will reconcile her disillusionment with her faith.
Maru-chan and her family also need prayer. They are going through some tough economic challenges right now, mostly focusing around jobs. Mom2 needs a second job but no one wants to hire her because she already has a full-time job. Maru-chan needs a job to pay for this semester of school. I feel like I should be doing something to help them, but aside from praying, what can I do?
My older brother C. and his fiance E. are getting married in 9 days. I just met them a year and a half ago - I barely know them. I kind of feel like with E. always around, I will never get to have a deep conversation and get to know C. without E. interrupting or sending me "no duh" glances. I don't know. I am happy for them - they are great together. I just feel like a chapter of my life is ending and there is not a sequel in sight. Weird, huh? After their marriage, I think C. is going to be going back into the service (probably in October or November). So many sad and melencholy feelings swirling around me these past few days. I am worried and hopeful, thoughtful and sad, and most of all, praying that everything turns out all right.

Today was actually not the greatest day. This morning I woke up headache-free, only to find out that my class was NOT at 9:25 like I thought, it was at 8:50. I woke up at 8:45!! >.< I then was pulling out grapes from the refrigerator (you know, trying to be healthy and all that) when I smoked my head against S.'s bed post. Ouchies! It has been such a long day, I am just ready for bed!

With that said,
Goodnight and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment