What a busy day!
I caught up on some sleep this morning by sleeping in till 11!! S. and D. and I got a bit of a late start, but we grabbed a sub and then were on our way to the Indochinese store. When we first walked in, I could barely take a breath. It smelled strongly of herbs and spices which all combined to smell like ginger and an ape house. Strange, I know. But after I got away from the fresh vegetables, it was more tolerable, and after awhile, I did not even notice the smell anymore. I found a place where I can get packs of somen noodles (yes, somen, not soba!) for a really cheap price. (About $1.50 I think). S. then led the way to the candy aisle, as that was the reason we were there in the first place. She needed to get some rice candy as a birthday present for one of her friends. She did not find any rice candy at the Indochinese store, but we did find "Hello Panda" cookies, vegetarian jello in little cups that have interesting flavors, Pocky sticks, and dried mango. :] I almost got coconut milk cookies to try for Mom to see if I could get them for her for Christmas, but they were over $2 whereas the panda cookies were $0.99 per box.
We then walked back to campus and hopped in D.'s car and traversed to Wal*Mart. It was my first time ever in the Wal*Mart here! haha. I was supposed to pick up some color-treated hair shampoo, but I forgot. :/ So, I think my pink hair is going to keep fading. I believe I am going to ask my mom to send me my hair dye so I can touch it up. The roots are still shockingly pink, but the tips are a strange mixture of bleach blonde and faded pink. At Wal*Mart, we picked up ingredients for banana bread. We found a little package of flour - it was so cute! We then picked up free cookies at the Subway and headed home. We rented some pans at the front desk and then entered the kitchen and began our banana bread making endeavor. While at the store, we had spotted chocolate chips and decided to make chocolate chip banana bread. It actually turned out really well. I wish we had made one that was only banana bread, though. :/
I made macaroni and cheese in my rice cooker tonight, though. You can boil water in the rice cooker, and then mix everything in the pot. It was awesome! I now have 2 meals in leftovers in the refridgerator. D.'s friend from the tech school then came over, and we are all now watching "Repo the Genetics Musical". It is pretty gory and strange - I have only been half-paying attention. Anywho, A. called tonight to make sure I was going to church with her. I am to meet her in her dorm tomorrow at 9:50. I am so excited!!
I feel strange going to bed while there is a strange male in the room, but I really do need to be getting up early.
Goodnight and God bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment