Thursday, September 17, 2009

Good Times

I do not know how it was for you, but this morning it was hard for us to wake up. It took my an hour of constant alarms going off for me to finally drag myself out of bed. Even then, I was dead-set on packing up my pillow and blanket and trudging down to the study to sleep for a few more hours. As I was about to walk out the door, though, my conscience goaded me and I traded my pillow for my laptop and my recreational book for my class notes. -sigh- Darn my rational thinking. D. also had an incredibly hard time waking up. So hard, in fact, that she decided to miss class in favor of some z time.

Once I was in class, the professor turned of all the lights and showed a movie for about 1/2 an hour! It was an interesting movie, though, so I did not fall asleep. :] The only part I nearly fell asleep during (but did not) was when we started irriterating natural selection and genetics and blah blah blah. Everything we have been talking about for the past week or so.

I went to lunch with D. at Whitney today. We were perusing the menu before we walked inside the doors and my eye was caught by "Vegetarian Lo Mein". I turned excitedly to D. and exclaimed, "Veggie Lo Mein!! It is a good day!" On the 'good day' part, she chimed in. Now I know why we are friends...we are so similar. ;)

In Environmental Studies, I found out that we were supposed to be signing up for presentations. Seeing as I was not there for Tuesdays class, I was completely bewildered. Presentations on what?? I asked my professor after class and he just smiled. He then said that I could come a few minutes early to the next class and he would tell me. So mysterious! We had a guest speaker in ENV today. He is a leader of "Smart Growth" in the Wisconsin area. We had to go around the room and introduce ourself (our names, where we are from) and then tell of an issue in our hometowns. I.E - I spoke of Stream Team and the polluted water we find from farms and factories and chemical plants. It was really interesting finding out about where people lived and what they noticed around them.

Similar story happened in Lit. I had my homework ready to go over and turn in, and then the professor informed us that she was changing the reading schedule to reduce the number of pages we had to read for each class (80ish changed to 50ish because so many people complained.) She then asked how we wanted to deal with the group discussions that we had signed up for (what group discussion??) and when we wanted to do them. I talked to her after class to, and she got me all filled in. Basically, during one part of any of the books that we are reading this semester, we have to prepare questions/activities to get a group discussion going about the book. Should be ok!

S. and D. and I went to the Cellar for dinner tonight at around 6:30. We got there and we heard live music - it is Thursday, so there was some live entertainment for us! The Cellar, as usual, was pretty crowded, but that was ok. I have gotten into the habit of trying something new at least once a week, if not twice a week. So, in keeping with this spirit, I tried a "Holy Frijoles" which consisted of whole black beans, corn, cheddar cheese, and some spices on flatbread. It was really good! I definately recommend it if you ever go there. Another recommendation would be the Veg-Out (also called the veggie melt) which comes with cucumbers, lettuce, onion, tomato, peppers, and a slice of pepper cheese. It is all held together with a little bit of ranch dressing (just a touch) - it is very yummy!!

Us roommies have been having such grand times together. There is not a day that goes by where we do not burst out in laughter at something or other. This morning S. woke up with a cold so she was feeling pretty icky - but she was so out of it that she was hilarious! She laughed at absolutely nothing - I felt funny. :]

The fire alarm went off again today (it went off yesterday, too, right before I went to geography) and there were four poor souls who had to stand outside in towels for a little while. We got bored waiting outside, so we wandered to the dorm behind ours and visited a friend. I was given the nickname "Pasta!" last year and it has followed me till this year. I found out tonight that Do-san (our friend) cannot remember my real name, and only remembers "Pasta!" *sigh* Anyway, we hung out with Do-san for a little bit and then headed back to our room. I did some homework (decided to put off reading of "The Things They Carried" until Saturday and my anthropology reading till Monday evening so I remember it for the quiz on Tuesday) and then I did some general maintenance around my room. I still have to go put my name on the list for the janitor to fix my wardrobe, but it looks like it IS fixable!!

Well ladies and dragons, it is my bedtime. How eagerly I have been awaiting this time!!

Mathew 4:4

Goodnight and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment