Way! I have some exciting news this evening!
I made a new friend!! Her name is the same as Sari-chan's, therefore I am going to distinguish her as "Sar-chan" from now on. D. and S. had run out to Wal*Mart to pick up some vital items (aka - cookies and a computer game). While they were out, I had the door open (more on that in the next paragraph) and was sitting at my desk when I heard a knock on the door. I called out and the knocker entered - she wanted to know who had posted the Bleach picture on our door. I told her that our collage was a group effort, so she would have to ask the other individuals. We started talking and it turns out that we have a lot in common. We are even adopted!! She was adopted from Korea with her sister. :D I am definately very excited!! We already have plans to go out to get sushi together sometime. Yay for having more friends - especially friends who are in my cube!
My R.A. came up with a contest for all of us. As we are trying to be a social cube where all of our cubemates know each other and make friends, we are trying to get all of the rooms to keep their doors open whenever they are inside. This encourages people from other rooms to come meet the room's inhabitants, and therefore strike up a commodary in the cube. Each room was given a yellow circle on the wall right outside their door. Each day our R.A goes around the cube and sees who's doors are open. If your door is open at the [random] time she goes around, you get a petal to put on your flower base (the yellow circle). We so far have two petals, and the contest started yesterday. :] D. and S. and I figure we have slightly better chances at getting the first place prize (pizza and soda - haha!) than the other rooms because we have three members, so one of us is usually in at all times. That is, unless we are all out at class or eating together. I will keep you updated!
I am going to go take a quick shower and get ready for bed. Have a great night!
Psalms 61:2 “When my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the Rock that is higher than I.”
Please continue to keep Kati-san, Jason-kun, Gabi-chan, and Mom2 in your prayers.
Goodnight and God bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment