Relative freedom for the next 48 hours is now mine. My last class let out at 1 at which time I walked back to my room with two classmates who also live in my dorm. (One of whom I met last night by accidentally running into him outside of the laundry room. He made me laugh in the 30 seconds that we spoke, so I clearly remembered him today when he stopped me in class.) My roommates and I then walked over to Valhalla for the part-time job fair. Well, it was a flat disappointment. I might be able to get a position working at a retirement home as a personal caregiver. They have some flexible part-time positions that are right on the busline, so we shall see. I also am going to apply at the Best Buy which is also along the bus route. I will let you know as developments, well, develop.
I then left the job fair and walked downstairs to the Cellar and ate lunch with some friends I have not seen all summer. We had some good laughs and shared some great information on churches and bible studies. I shall be going to church with A. this Sunday. :]
D. and I then did our laundry while S. played on her computer. The weather was gorgeous today, if not a little bit too warm. My new brown skirt looks great with the purple tank. Thanks for the tip, Mom! Ahh. After classes and meetings with friends, I began relaxing a bit until I decided to complete all my homework. It is now, I am happy to say, all complete and up-to-date so I can enjoy my weekend with no worries! D. and S. and I are planning a trip to the Pearl (an ice cream and candy shop) tomorrow as well as a stop by the Indonesian Food store. We shall find many interesting things, I am sure! S. says that I have to try rice candy as it is the best thing around. I am sure I will be able to let you know my opinion on that tomorrow!
Other than that, we have been sitting around our room playing video games and chatting. The laughter is rich and drawing all the RA's to us. Haha. M. and the bassoon player stopped by our room and marveled at our Kingdom Hearts playing skills. Well, really, our lack thereof. :D
Just a few quick notes: I would like to give props to the guys at the bicycle shop in downtown Fenton. Last year, my bike had a few quirks that I just had to grin and bear because it was my bike. This year it is riding like new (and no one can hear me coming due to grinding gears!!). I love it. Also, I love my rice cooker! I pop in the rice right before I shower or start laundry or anything really and in 15 minutes it is ready to eat. Cleaning up is really simple, too. Great for college!! The final thing is that I am thinking about making a run out to Walgreens or buying some more yakisoba or something off ebay/amazon. I have eaten two yakisoba (out of 9) and I feel guilty for eating it. I want to save my foodstuffs for the winter months when I will not be as likely to want to go outside to grab a bite to eat. But still, I have found that my most nutrition comes from my own food. Anyway.
Now that I finally have some time to myself, which is NOT devoted to studying, I think I shall sit down with a good book.
Goodnight and God bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment