This morning D. and I made scrambled eggs in my rice cooker! Over the summer I fell in love
with the rice cooker for its cuteness and for allowing me to create my favorite dish while at school - rice!! Then I found out, though, that you can boil water, warm up pre-made soups and frozen foods, make macaroni and cheese and other types of pasta, and now even scrambled eggs! You can even steam veggies. It is officially my favorite device EVER! This is a picture of the final outcome. When I looked up the recipe online, it said that cooking one egg takes approximately 15 minutes. We cooked three eggs and it took about 6 minutes. Maybe the other cook had an older rice cooker? Either way, we were very satisfied with the results! D. has some spices such as chives and rosemary and thyme and pepper. It made for a very satisfying breakfast. S. was supposed to eat it with us...but she did not get us up early enough for her early class. So D. and I made it around 10 before she had class.
Today has been a very relaxed day - I have been mostly hanging out in my room and walking a bit around campus. I tried to go to the bookstore to cash a check today, only to find that with the new company running the bookstore, they no longer cash checks! I guess I am very glad that I am getting a debit card and that in the interm, most major grocery stores take checks!
I am also glad that I am taking a literature class, this semester. This means that I get to read books for once during a school year and not feel guilty about it. :] Although, I did read a book today merely for my own pleasure. The first book we are reading in lit is entitled, "The Things They Carried," which is apparently a book about war. So, it should be interesting at least in the historical aspect.
Tonight the roomies wanted to go get candy bars while I was attempting to make popcorn. I had put the kernals and oil into the popper, only to find that our microwave is too small to hold the popper. :( So I went to the basement with them and detoured to the kitchen to make the popcorn. We were walking back to our room when we encountered a closed door. Being the brilliant person I was, I tried to open the door with the hot, steaming, full popcorn popper in my hands.... It all spilled on the floor. As I was cleaning it up with a broom and dustpan I had gotten from the front desk, two of the RA's Mar-kun and Mik-kun, ran into us on their rounds. It was embarassing because S. and D. kept laughing and making fun of me. :/ But it was also funny just to prove how silly I was being and just how much of a klutz I really am. AND - Mar-kun and Mik-kun recognized that freshly popped popcorn is much better than bag popcorn. :)
All in all, it has been a good day. I LOVE hummus! It is a good thing that S. brought three jars of it and that we can get it anytime at Whitney or the sub shop or in back lunches, because otherwise, I really have no clue what we would eat.
John 1:23
Goodnight and God bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment