This is an update to my previous post this evening.
I went to the pool for the lifeguarding skills test. First of all, I walked all over the Phys. Ed. building, got incredibly lost, almost locked in the locker room, turned around while passing by huge beastly men working out, and panicking because I did not know what time it was and therefore did not know if I was late. I finally found my way back to the help desk and asked the people there for help. They took in my sweaty and panicked condition and were very helpful. I then walked to the pool and went to the table that was set up outside of the office. I was checking in and the girl behind the desk kept asking me if I was sure I could only work Saturday and Sunday as they really needed to fill the weekday work shifts. I worked out a slightly revised schedule when she then informed me that there were only 2 open positions that they were filling. I looked around me and saw perhaps 5 people so I smiled and nodded and said, "That's fine." I sat down and waited for the test to begin. Twenty minutes later, there were roughly 25 people on the pool deck and more waiting in line to get checked in. I started panicking and having trouble breathing. I took some deep breathes and started to pray only to hear the girls behind me talking about how they had heard the selection process was very competitive and that the skills test was actually the lifeguarding test. My panicking increased to the point where I could not think beyond the fact that I needed out. And fast. I walked up to a girl at the check-in desk and told her that I needed to go get my inhaler and that I would NOT be back. She looked a little alarmed and just a bit confused. I exited as quickly as possible and once outside of the pool door, I stopped and leaned against the wall, taking in deep breathes and calming down. I felt like such a failure for walking out of a job, basically, but I knew that if I had gotten into that pool, something bad would have happened. I feel more reassured, anyway, because there is a part-time job fair tomorrow. I shall go with my roommates and find a job! ;)
I then re-joined one of my roommates and we decorated a door-stop. I think finished a bit of homework, and I am now completely relaxed and ready for bed.
Goodnight and God bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment