Heyo. How are you all on this lovely rainy day?
Last night after I posted, I ventured to the Drake Hall bible study. I am so glad I did! I spent an hour with other Christians learning from the Bible, discussing issues we were dealing with, and really trying to learn everything we could about what the Bible teaches on forgiveness. It was fantastic! I then stayed for another hour talking to two of the study's leaders (one of which was my neighbor last year). I was bouncing up and down with excitement and could not stop smiling and laughing! I am incredibly happy to have Christian friends who understand my joy and love and devotion to God, who understand how difficult the path with Jesus is, but how oh so rewarding it is as well!!
Kati-san, I am going to be teaching my bible study on how to maintain a Christian walk while in college (how to deal with peer pressure, financial stresses, how to fit in and find people with whom you are comfortable with, who believe in your beliefs, how to come to Christ, how to discuss your faith with others, etc.) Because the Campus Ministry is devoted to teaching the students, I basically want it to be a place where they can come, be accepted as Christians, bring up their problems/worries and look to the Bible for answers. We decided this would be better than an indepth study in a certain book as not everyone has time to come to study and they would miss stuff that is important. What do you think? I think that I will be able to do this, and I *hope* that it is helpful to the students!
My head, sadly, is pounding once again. Why am I typing this blog? My roommate had a friend come over and they started watching, "Batman". It was loud, and I did not want them to not have fun on my account, so I came downstairs to avoid the noise. I am tired and want to sleep, yet it is only 8. I took a nap this morning before the environmental studies field trip for about an hour and a half, but it seems to have had no effect.
The field trip! It was fun; we learned how the power plant creates its power and how they are environmentally friendly. I could not stop thinking of Mom the entire time - it was something she would have loved. (In fact, she drilled me on the information afterwards. Hehe.)
I think I am going to go find a quiet [dark] place to go crash.
Please keep Kati-san and her family, Soni-chan and her mother, my family, Sari-chan, Aimi-san, and FBCF in your prayers.
Goodnight and God bless.
It sounds really good! So is the entire semester study going to be on topics of being a Christian in college? Or is it just the first study? If it's not, I read a book, "How to Stay Christian in College" for collegiate seminar my freshman year. It was really good. If you want me to mail it to you (or bring it when I come visit you! :D), then I will! Oh! and did you tell Pastor?
ReplyDeleteIt IS for the entire semester. Yup yup. :) And yes, I told Pastor I was going to be leading a bible study (I think), but I have not told him the topic yet. Do you think I should? And definately!! Bring it!! Thank you so much! Are you getting as excited as me?
ReplyDeleteI'm so uberly excited!!! :D
ReplyDeleteAnd I think the idea is really good! It's totally relevant to the students!
Hey Carrie! I'm so glad that you got to meet new christians, it certainly makes me extremely gitty and happy too! The Bible sounds awesome and I will fo sho be praying for you! Glad it seemed to be a good day!
ReplyDelete