Some of you may have seen my Facebook status last night which basically stated that I felt like I have friends here, but I miss the warmth and complete friendship of my friend back home. I just want a hug. :) Haha. I got alot of comments on this, so I thought that relating my evening tonight would put many of you at ease.
Both of my roommates left for Madison this afternoon. S. left to visit her grandmother while D. left to spend the weekend with her friends and see a concert. So, I have the room to myself for the next few days. I was afraid that I would retreat into the silence as I am always surrounded by people now. I went next door and asked my neighbors if they would be up to going for dinner. They then invited me to go to the bingo night hosted by my hall. I agreed, and went back to my room to do a few hours of studying. Around 6:30, Hana-chan came by and we went to the sub shop. I then watched some t.v. and we then headed over to Cartwright to play some bingo! We met up with Dav-san and had a few hours of fun playing bingo (and not winning a single round). I accidentally overheard two guys talking about CRU and the Fall Retreat and their bible studies and I got so excited! Before everyone packed up to leave, I went to the one remaining guy and introduced myself, told him why I was interested in talking to him, and asked if I could give him a hug. He was really nice about my odd request and it looks like I made another friend! :)
Hana-chan, Paul-san, and I then walked back to our dorms (Paul-san lives in the dorm next to ours), and then Hana-chan and her roommate and I hung out for a while. We got to the stage of tiredness where we were loopy and slaphappy and laughed at everything. Hana-chan started on her laundry and Devon-san and I got ready for bed. It was a great night and I truly feel like I have a group of friends that I can call my own. :]
I am thinking of signing up to become a tour guide for school tours next year. What do you think?
Goodnight and God bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment