Monday, October 19, 2009

Monday...Welcome Back to Reality

It is Monday, and with that comes a cold dose of reality. Getting snapped at by my hall director early this morning for knocking on her window because I got locked out of my dorm was not a great way to start the day off, but way till you hear the ending. I was studying for my anthropology test when I decided I would check out my grades for my labs. I noticed that Lab 4 was graded while Lab 3 was not. I then checked the dropbox (where you turn in the work) and it said that I had not turned anything in. I started panicking, but I checked my e-mail for a receipt that said I had turned it in - only to find that I had not. I clearly remember submitting Lab 3 to D2L, so I e-mailed my professor letting him know that I have a copy of the finished Lab on my computer, so I was not lazy and did not do the work. I know that at this point (3 weeks later) I will not get credit for the work...but I did it! I spent 4+ hours on that lab! It is so frustrating how a technological error keeps me from getting any points at all! :/

I miss my family and friends so much! I am in desperate need of an Adam-kun hug... I also need to sleep in my own bed. I think this is because I am so stressed and upset, that I want the comforting feel of my big comfy bed.

I am off in search of warm comfort food. Oooh! I will go make that No Bake Jello Pie thinger. Thanks Mom for prodding me into buying it! I love you!

Goodnight and God bless.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry abouty your hard efforts going unheralded, such is the technological age. But ya know, back in the prehostoric times of my own educational foibles, profs still did occasionally mis-place a students work. And unless you typed with a carbon paper under your final copy (nope we didn't usually do that), then you had no tangible proof of your work.

    I hope you found friends and neighbors to share the chocolate pie. Mom

    ReplyDelete