D. came back today after a weekend at home. She arrived to a stuffy dorm room that smelled "sick". S. and I both have... H1N1. Yay. For me, the worst part was the coughing and not being able to breathe. Because of my asthma, my coughing was unbelievable. Even now as I am on the road to recovery, it is still 10x worse than S.'s has ever gotten. For S. I think it was the fact that she had no alternative to getting sick other than sleeping outside in the cold - which she was not going to do.
The plus side to it all - I have come to realize how much I value being able to go outside and talk to whom I please. Most of all, I enjoy being able to take a shower without worrying about if someone is going to walk into the bathroom and catch my germs. I also have gotten my lab done. :) Yay! My neighbor Devon-san and D. took me out for a walk around the surrounding neighborhoods and then we got a sub and brought it back to the room. The excercise was invigorating and just taxing enough that I am ready for a nap. It definately was good preparation for tomorrow's rigorous class schedule! ;)
After my nap I am going to work on a few pages for my Lit paper and then hopefully eat dinner (if I am hungry, which I probably will not be) and do a Bible study before an early bed time. I am aiming to get into bed by 9:30. Whew!
Please keep S. in your thoughts and prayers. She has 5 classes tomorrow, and she still has a fever. Pray that when she goes to the health center they will give her leave of absence from her classes and notify her professors. :)
Good(day) and God bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment